Sunday, August 4, 2013

Face to face with your 'fears'...

Yesterday, we took the short drive, just outside of Goderich, On, to the Benmiller Conservation area. It was 'Reptile Roundup' day and fun was promised with the showing of many kinds of snakes, frogs, turtles etc.
Most were in glass tanks but the workers did allow a few to be held and petted. Snakes have always been my worst fear, while they do intrigue me, if that is the right word, I will never be able to even touch one, I don't think, as they 'creep me out'...got scared by a 'garter snake' as a kid and have never got over it. But then again, when it comes to a photo op, I am IN!!
I did enjoy the day, here are my favorite 3 shots..
 He was as curious of me as I was of him...

This fellow was brave, allowing the snake to go down his top, and out the side of his tank top, this was as close as I got to any of them..
was great watching the kids, hold them and let them wrap themselves around their necks etc, with no fear, just pure amazement. It was a fun day for all!!

2 comments:

  1. Good photos - but I have to say, I'm not a fan of snakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo op Bon; I like them but not up close!

    ReplyDelete