Thursday, September 26, 2013

White Squirrels of Exeter, On

Since moving down here, I have been told there are white squirrels in Exeter, On. Yesterday we had some business to do in St. Marys, On.
While talking to the girl, how, we got on the subject is beyond me.
(I did mention, I am into 'photography'...:)
But the subject did come up, and like so many other things in my life, lately,  she told me exactly where to go to see them, as she used to  live near there.
These little white guys are not albinos but actually colored white (some are a very light shade of beige or off-white) and  have normal colored eyes (versus the classic albino red).  This coloration is said to be the result of a genetic mutation.
What a treat to see not one but two, frolicking amongst the trees..enjoy!!
 There was one gray one also..





3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great find for you! I didn't even know there "were" white squirrels. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I have heard of them but never seen them. Thank you.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mona and Cheri!! you are very welcome!!

    ReplyDelete