Friday, May 29, 2009

Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker...




not !!!! Haha!! Sorry to tease you, I did get a few pics but they are lousy as it was there and then gone, I thought it was just a Hairy or a Downy WP but when I got home and seen the red chin also, I realized that it was a different one, and according to my books this is what it is.!! I have never seen one before, can't wait to go back in the next few days and see if I can see it again..it was a real treat for me !!


As I was unable to get better ones this weekend, I posted the original ones for you to see...sorry for the 'blur'... ;)


2 comments:

  1. Well, you did see it and get pictures, so I guess that's what counts, even if we don't get to see them. Several times I've come home with photos and been surprised that I have something different than I thought I saw, especially if I'm using the zoom lens. Hopefully you'll get another chance at this one and come back with a good photo. It's always fun seeing a bird you haven't seen before, but moreso if you can get a good photo of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping to get better ones on the weekend but no luck so far !!
    I will post them to show you anyway !! It sure is fun to see a bird you have never seen before, Elaine, a real thrill !! :)

    ReplyDelete